Salary: Level 5 – $58,270.07 – $68,167.74
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction or Whitehorse (with travel to CAFN Communities)
Under the direction of the Community Care Coordinator, this position delivers in-home care services such as home management, cooking and laundry to clients of the Community Care Program and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of Grade 12. Home & Community Care Certificate would be an asset. Training in a Home Care Attendant or Long Term Care Aide program with work experience in this area or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Food safe course and WHMIS are an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license
- Current standard first aid and CPR certificates
- Food Safe certificate
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Physically able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs and assisting Citizens with mobility issues
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD Community Care Worker Oct 8, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340