Term Full-Time (1 year, starting ASAP)
Salary: Level 4 – $51,566.00 – 60,325.00
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Community Care Coordinator, the position is responsible for the Interconnecting Through Food and Wellness Initiative, and is required to provide nutritious meals and snacks using traditional and non-traditional foods prepared in accordance with Canada’s Aboriginal Food Guide and special dietary needs. The position is an active team member within the Community, interacts appropriately and effectively with Elders, and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues and allied professionals. The incumbent will adhere to policies, regulations, and accepted best practices with the provision of food services. This position is based out of Haines Junction in the Mun Ku kitchen.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge of traditional food gathering, preservation and cooking techniques
Experience in food preparation and serving practices
Experience in cooking a variety of meals for groups
Knowledge of food safety for Elders and Seniors.
Experience in meal planning
Familiarity with applicable occupational health and safety standards
Dietary and allergy awareness re: food preparation.
Food Safe Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Flexibility in hours worked as directed and willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to communities such as Canyon Creek, Takhini River Subdivision and Champagne
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under-fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Wellness Program Cook_October 10, 2023
Deadline: Until Filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245