Regular Full Time
Salary: Level 9 – $95,008.00 – $115,483.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction or Whitehorse
Reporting to the Director of Education, this position is responsible for overseeing the Primary and Secondary Educational Support programming and oversees the rural nutrition programs and staff for St. Elias Community School and Takhini River Subdivision, ensuring that both staff and students are supported to achieve their overall program and learning objectives.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 with at least 1 year of post-secondary and/or training in the education field, along with at least 1 year experiene in a supervisory position. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Clear Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Education Manager_October 23, 2023
Deadline: 4:30 pm on November 17, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245