Fixed Term Full-Time (ASAP to November 15, 2024)
Salary: Level 5 – $58,270.00 – $68,168.00
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Education Manager, this position is responsible for being head cook and overseeing the Nutritional Meals program at the St. Elias Community School to ensure that CAFN youth receive healthy food, including traditional food, and cultural activities that support overall social well-being. This position is responsible for the coordination and communications of the operations of the program to define and develop the ongoing vision and plans of the program.
This position is based out of Haines Junction for the St. Elias Community School.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 with a post-secondary certificate or diploma in a professional cooking program or similar from a recognized institution along with at least 1 year’s experience in a supervisory position. An equivalent combination of 2-3 years’ education, training and/or experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Food Safe Level I and II Certificates
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Education Manager_October 23, 2023
Deadline: Until Filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245