Expression of Interest – Posted January 10, 2019
Da Kų Nän Ts’étthèt Dance Festival Coordinator
As soon as possible – June 30, 2019
Event: 18-19- 901-1
Lead Coordination and Logistic planning, in conjunction with the Da Ku Cultural Centre Language and Culture (LC) Department and other key CAFN staff, the delivery of the 2019 Da Kų Nän Ts’étthèt (DKNT) Dance Festival to be held Thursday June 6 – Sunday June 9, 2019 at Da Kų Cultural Centre in Haines Junction, Yukon.
Specific duties include:
• Coordinating and documenting meetings of the festival Working Group.
• Assisting in development of planning and critical path timeline for event.
• Monitoring and updating the DKNT budget.
• Managing the contacting and contracting of all festival artists, presenters; and contractors including confirming all logistical and technical requirements; and confirming compensation and travel support.
• Managing hospitality, accommodations, meals and other logistical requirements prior to and during festival.
• Working with CAFN finance staff to ensure timely compensation of artists, presenters and contractors.
• Leading volunteer recruitment and management.
• Assisting in event marketing, including: merchandise development; program/brochure and other marketing materials development and distribution; advertising; and media outreach and enquiries.
• Assisting in identifying and accessing sponsorship, grant, and other fund-raising opportunities.
• Leading Working Group in completion of general post-festival de-brief and report, as well as lead fulfilment of any other required funding reports.
• Coordinating opportunities for citizen sales (art, craft, food, others)
• Coordinating Elders hospitality and Interdepartmental coordination
• Coordinating First Aid
Wages: The rate of compensation is based on $300/day, not to exceed $15,000.00 of total contract. Coordinating the event is expected to take approximately 50, full working days, over a 6-month period, with flexible work hours from the date of hire to the conclusion of the General Assembly and final report. Payment will be pro-rated for work days of less than 8 hours. The successful applicant will need to begin work by late January 2019.
Requirements: A valid class 5 driver’s license is required. The applicant must have their own vehicle. Previous planning and coordinating experience and knowledge of CAFN structure is required.
Champagne & Aishihik First Nations Personnel Policy will apply.
CLOSING DATE: 4:30 pm on January 24, 2019
Forward applications and resumes to: Elly Jackson
Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Fax : 867-634-2760 phone : 867-634-4200 ext. 241