JOB OPPORTUNITY – POSTED July 25, 2023
Early Childhood Educator
Auxiliary On-Call (ASAP for one year) Competition #23-24-17
Salary: Level 4A $26.36 per hour up to Level 6A $33.65 with ECE Level 3
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Daycare Manager, this position will be responsible for promoting good health in children and ensuring a safe, healthy physical environment while creating a learning environment that meets the emotional, physical, social and cognitive needs of young children. The Early Childhood Educator is responsible for maintaining good communication with parents, staff and community; and performs other duties as necessary. The position actively participates in ongoing program initiatives intended to integrate early learning with whole family learning and CAFN language and culture.
The Early Childhood Educator will role model a healthy lifestyle including active living and participation in cultural and traditional activities in order to set a good example for members of the community.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 10 education with Level I Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certification is required. Level II or III Early Childhood Education Certification is preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a daycare setting. Some knowledge of Southern Tutchone language would be an asset. A combination of education, training and/or experience may equally be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Level 1 certification in Early Childhood Development in Yukon (or higher), or willingness to obtain
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check prior to starting employment
- Valid First Aid Certificate with Level C CPR training
- Food Safe Certificate
- Medical clearance, “fit to work” designation
- Current immunization record – TB test
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License would be an asset
All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and harmonious government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under-fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
For a complete job description please contact below.
Deadline: Open until filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to: Megan MacKellar
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245