CAFN is looking for an organized and enthusiastic individual(s) that can lead the coordination and logistic planning of the Annual Council Yukon First Nations Annual General Assembly and the Champagne/Aishihik First Nations Annual General Assembly.
CYFN GA dates are June 27 – 29 in Klukshu, Yukon and CAFN GA dates are July 21- 23, 2023 in Haines Junction, Yukon. The coordinator will work with the Governance Director and other key CAFN staff for the duration of the project.
Specific duties include:
Prepare the AGA site for up to 200 people.
Ensuring that there:
- Venues (tents or indoor spaces) for:
- Meeting space
- Camping space
- Office space/tent
- Hiring of people to maintain camp area and parking
- Ensure cultural demonstrations are in place
- Plan afternoon of “Indian day” activities & prizes
- Hire and supervise cooks and kitchen staff
- Leading volunteer recruitment and management.
- Coordinating First Aid and Covid-19 Safety measures
- All other duties related to ensure that all aspects of the GA are covered.
Wages: The successful individual will be on a contract basis. The rate of compensation is $300/day; for a maximum 20 days for the CYFN GA and maximum 15 days for the CAFN GA.
Requirements: A valid class 5 driver’s license is required. The applicant must have their own vehicle. Minimum three years’ experience planning and coordinating large events required. Knowledge of CAFN structure an asset.
For full details of the proposals please contact Denise Beattie by email: email@example.com or by 1-867-456-6888 ext.
Applications will be evaluated based on relevant qualifications and experience, the quality of the information submitted. This call out does not commit the Champagne and Aishihik First Nations to award a contract.
CLOSING DATE: 4:30 p.m. April 28, 2023
Forward applications and resumes to:
Monique Martin – Human Resources Officer
867-456-6888 ext. 340