SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Fuel Abatement (FireSmart) Crew Members
Expression of Interest – POSTED January 24, 2023
Champagne and Aishihik First Nations Heritage, Lands and Resources Department is looking for Six (6) Fuel Abatement (FireSmart) crew members.
Location: Dakwäkäda (Haines Junction)
Date: Mid-January for up to 10 weeks (Mon – Fri; typically 40-hours/week)
Salary: Level 4 – $24.89/hr
These casual positions are to reduce forest fuel in Dakwäkäda (Haines Junction), according to an approved site plan and according to direction provided by the Crew Leader.
Workers must be willing to work flexible hours including the possibility for un-paid/un- scheduled “down-days” due to weather conditions or other circumstances as they may arise. Some work will be carried out in close proximity to peoples’ homes and other values in Haines Junction. As such, the Crew Member will be expected to demonstrate and work in a respectful manner for local residents.
Conditions of employment:
- Valid Chainsaw Operations/ Maintenance certification would be considered an asset, but not required
- Preference may be given to applicants with a valid Standard First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License is an
- Previous tree falling experience is an asset
- Willingness to wear standard safety equipment including steel toe boots, face shields, helmets, and other gear as identified.
- Work is performed outdoors, and in cold and sometimes wet Must be willing to dress for the weather.
- Must be safety minded and
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 50 lbs independently, and able to work well in a team
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please submit an updated resume with copies of any supporting documents.
An Eligibility List will be created for this posting.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Send current resumes to: Monique Martin
Human Resources Department Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340