Manager, Environmental Assessment and Natural Resources
Fixed Term Full-Time (February 2021 to February 2026) Competition #20-21-36
Salary: Level 9 – $84,889.00 – $103,183.00
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Heritage, Lands, and Resources, this position develops, directs, coordinates, manages, implements, and evaluates a wide variety of programs, projects, and initiatives related to environmental assessment, mineral, and energy related activities for CAFN. This position leads or assists in developing and implementing other environmental related programs. This position will also be responsible for providing technical and policy advice on environmental matters by implementing a Dän K’e approach and ensuring CAFN effectively fulfils its mandate and responsibilities under the CAFN Final Agreement and other agreements and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Degree in environmental sciences, natural resources, or a related discipline, along with considerable experience in Environmental Assessment and program management. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. Research and report writing skills are essential. Those with a diploma in a related discipline along with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Valid First Aid Certificate would be an asset
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
For a complete job description please check the CAFN website at www.cafn.ca or contact below.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on January 8, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514