PRODUCTION STAFF- DOOR SHOP LEVEL 1
Yukon’s Pre-eminent Manufacturer and Sales of vinyl windows, entry doors, autoglass, overhead (garage) doors, skylights, custom glass and aluminum siding, Northerm, a Yukon-based business, provides the highest quality windows, doors, glass and related building products to customers throughout northern Canada with an emphasis on superior service, the well-being of employees, customers, owners and the environment.
Northerm is currently recruiting for a Level 1 Production Employee in our door shop. This position involves the machining and assembly of pre-hung doors and door systems.
$20-25 per hour DOE
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good physical condition. Able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Good hand eye coordination. This position requires the set up and use of jigs, hand tools, pneumatic tooling, and PLC controlled CNC equipment.
- Good math skills
- Familiar with basic and powered hand tools including chop saws, radial arm saws, hand routers, tape measures, and pneumatic staplers.
- The ideal candidate would be self-directed individual with a background in woodworking and/ or construction.
- This position requires high attention to detail and quality.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate dependability, reliability, ability to operate equipment in a safe manner and a desire to learn.
Phone: (867) 667-7332 ◇ Fax: (867) 668-7472
#1-17 Burns Road, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 4Z3