Shär Ghra Camp Leader Competition #19-20-23
Casual Full-time (ASAP to August 23, 2019)
Salary: $25.51 per hour
Location: Haines Junction
Duties for the Shär Ghra Camp Leader will include:
• Coordinating summer programming (social and recreational) for children ages 5-10;
• Supervision of day camp children;
• Ensuring the camp runs seamlessly with full range of activities offered to children each day;
• Assisting campers in learning and exploring while providing a fun and safe environment;
• Maintaining inventory of all supplies and groceries and developing shopping lists;
• Preparing nutritious snacks for campers;
• Mentoring and encourage Camp Assistants;
• Engaging parents by providing appropriate and supportive feedback;
• Modeling appropriate behavior and creating positive interaction in all daily routines and program delivery with campers and Assistants;
• Working in collaboration with Youth Centre Staff;
• Maintaining safe and tidy work areas;
• Other related duties
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of Grade 12 with experience in coordinating activities for children. Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with children and adults.
Conditions of Employment:
Clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Food Safe Level I
Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License with clean Drivers’ Abstract
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Deadline: Until filled
Send current resumes and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245