Shawkwunlee Daycare Manager Competition #17-18-55
Salary: $73,691.35 – $86,208.46 Level – 8
Location: Haines Junction, YT
Reporting to the Associate Director of Education, this position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing an integrated developmental program for young children and their families/caregivers encompassing early learning, culture, aboriginal language, whole family learning, and special and individual child developmental support. The position also ensures compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and policies.
The ideal candidate works well in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment; is flexible and organized; possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to effectively interact with young children, parents, teachers, and team members.
The Shawkwunlee Daycare Manager will need to ensure that accurate administrative and financial records are maintained and that practices and procedures are streamlined so that they are efficient and cost effective in order to ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the Centre.
As Shawkwunlee Daycare Manager, this position is responsible for the direct supervision of all Early Childhood Education staff. The Manager will be expected to role model for the staff and community by acting professionally and by demonstrating an active, responsible & healthy lifestyle.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 graduation is required. A diploma or degree in education with an emphasis on primary and special education is desired.
- Level 3 certification in Early Childhood Development is mandatory.
- Minimum two years experience working with children in an early childhood program and working in a cross-cultural and team environment is required.
- At least two years of related experience in a management position involving significant responsibilities for program development and team management within an early childhood education environment is required.
- Related work experience and training in business administration, public administration, social work and/or equivalent training may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
Level 4 Criminal Records Check (3584E) & Vulnerable Sector Check (3923)
Proof of clear TB tests
Valid First Aid Certificate with Level C CPR training
Proof immunization shots are up to date
Valid Drivers License
Medical clearance confirming fitness to work
Minimum Level 3 Early Childhood Development Certificate
a complete job description please Click Here:
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Right Commission. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be
Capacity and Policy Development DepartmentPhone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 241 or email@example.com Fax: (867) 634-7071 Send current resumes and supporting documents to: Deadline: 4:30 pm on January 5, 2018 For contacted.