SHORT TERM SERVICE
Expression of Interest – POSTED: September 1, 2021 (Event # 20-21-3290-01)
Chù Ts’än Lanadal – Canoe Closing Feast
Da Kų Culture Centre
Event Date: Friday, September 10, 2021 (01 event day, plus one shopping day/prep)
Salary: $250.00 per day
Location: Haines Junction – Da Kų Culture Centre
Duties: Prepare nutritional Feast for approx. (50) people.
- Discuss and plan a healthy menu (Gluten free and Diary free options).
- Be the lead on the delivery of meal prep.
- Coordinate the shopping with the cook’s helper within budget provided.
- Purchase food and supplies, with grocery haul and proper storage.
- Ensure and Assist with cleaning of the kitchen and facilities.
- Ensure all COVID-19 food service regulations are followed.
- Supervise cook’s helper.
Cook’s Helper (1)
Event Date: Friday, September 10, 2021 (01 event day, plus one shopping/prep day)
Salary: $200.00 per day
Duties: Assisting the Head Cook, the Cook’s Helper will be required to assist with:
- Shopping with the Head Cook, grocery haul and proper storage.
- Set up and dismantling of serving area, assist with serving.
- Ensure beverage station is kept clean and stocked.
- Ensure steady sanitizing per COVID-19 regulations.
- Ensure the cleaning of the kitchen and facilities at end of event.
- Ensure all counters and outside of cupboards are clean and sanitized.
- Ensure all dishes, pots & pans, utensils are cleaned and put away.
Education and Experience: Cook & Cook Helper Applicants must have a valid Food Safe Certificate Level I/II. Please submit any supporting documents with resumes. All Applicants must have their own transportation.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Send current Resumes to:
Millie Joe, Community Initiatives Coordinator
Champagne & Aishihik First Nations
Fax: (867) 634-2108
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext 233