SHORT TERM SERVICE
Expression of Interest – POSTED October 7, 2019
Competition # 19-20- 391- 01
Earl Lambert Youth Workshop & Community Dinner
St. Elias Convention Centre, Haines Junction, YT
Head Cook (1)
Date: October 30, 31, 2019 (1 shopping day + 2 event days)
Salary: Shopping Day & Event Day 1 = $300.00 per day/Event Day 2- Community Dinner = $350.00 per day
Duties: Prepare nutritional AM/PM Snack, Light Breakfast & Lunch for approx. 50 people (Event Day 1)
Prepare AM/PM Snack, Light Breakfast, Lunch and Community Feast for approx. 150 people (Event Day 2)
• Must submit a Menu; with Gluten & Lactose Free Options
• Purchase food and supplies on a reasonable budget provided.
• Haul groceries to St. Elias Convention Centre and store per Food Safe regulations.
• Prepare Morning snack, Lunch, and Dinner and a Feast in a timely manner.
• Supervise and Assist with cleaning of the kitchen and facilities.
• Supervise cook’s helper and ensure kitchen and serving areas are cleaned.
• Must have Food Safe Level I/II, Must have previous experience.
Cooks Helper/Dish Washer (1)
Date: October 30, 31, 2019 (2 event days)
Salary: $275.00 per day
Duties: Assist Head Cook with food prep, Wash dishes, clean the kitchen under their direction.
• Help the Head Cook when required with food prep.
• Set up and dismantling of serving area and assist with meal serving if necessary.
• Ensure beverage station is kept clean and stocked.
• Wash dishes as required, clean up after meals and snack breaks.
• Ensure the kitchen, Hall and serving areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Final sweep and mop of the Kitchen and Hall on last day October 31.
All positions are:
• Responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the place of employment.
CAFN will not be responsible to submit anyone’s resume or name via a phone call or email instruction. Each applicant will be responsible to submit an updated resume and copies of all updated certificates.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 by 4:30pm
Send current Resumes to: Millie Joe, Community Initiatives Coordinator
Champagne & Aishihik First Nations
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 233
Fax: (867) 634-2108