NOTICE TO CAFN CITIZENS:
Yukon Energy Corporation Water Use License for Äshèyi
Updated March 11, 2022
CAFN Citizens can now submit individual claims for compensation to Yukon Energy Corporation (YEC) for adverse effects during the next five years of operation of the Aishihik Generating Station (2023 through 2027). This is a routine step in the process for YEC’s application for a new 5-year license for this facility. Claims submitted in 2022, will be for a 5-year term, based on the current licensing period.
Who is eligible to submit a claim?
- Citizens who have not submitted a claim in the past 25 years.
- Citizens who submitted a claim to the Water board in 2002.
- Citizens who submitted a claim in 2020 to the Water board.
- Citizens who submitted a claim in 2020 to YEC.
Who is not eligible to submit a claim?
- Citizens who submitted a claim to YEC in 2002.
How do you submit a claim?
- The Notice of Claim form is available here https://yukonenergy.ca/energy-in-yukon/projects-facilities/aishihik-hydro-plant/5-year-licence-renewal to complete and submit electronically, or print and mail to Yukon Energy Corporation.
- Notice of Claim forms for the new 5-year license period must be submitted to YEC by April 4, 2022.
Have questions? Need help?
CAFN is here to assist Citizens who have questions or need help with the Notice of Claim form.
Environmental Assessment and Natural Resources Manager
CAFN Heritage, Lands and Resources
(867) 634 4200 Ext. 217