Proposed Quill Creek Timber Harvest Plan
Do you have comments or concerns with the proposed Quill Creek Timber Harvest Plan?
CAFN Heritage, Lands and Resources Department is currently conducting a review of the Draft Screening Report by YESAB. They have determined that the project can proceed subject to the establishment of appropriate mitigations. Some notable highlights are:
- Development of an Access Management Plan (proposed access, notification to community members & stakeholders, access control, development thresholds, road decommissioning and rehabilitation, wildlife monitoring);
- Mitigations to address concerns around wildfire potential, proximity to Haines Junction, and fuel abatement measures;
- Timber harvest between Nov 16 to March 31 to reduce impacts to the land, avoid conflict with FN rights and land users in the area;
- Limit impacts to wildlife and creation of buffered “no work zones” around culturally sensitive areas identified by CAFN; and
- Monitoring of reclamation and decommissioning efforts in the cut blocks.
For interested CAFN Citizens who wish to receive further information or to provide comments directly, please contact:
Kenny Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Ray Gunness (email@example.com)
The deadline to submit comments is July 8th, 2021.