Public Notice of Enrollment Act Consultation for CAFN Citizens
Chief and Council passed first reading of the draft Äghàałān Enrollment Act on July 10, 2015. This is one of our most important laws. It will define who we are as CAFN dän (people). Citizen input will be gathered through September 21, 2015 and incorporated into the draft Act.
The Act is now available for CAFN Citizen review and input. Community consultation is scheduled as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 14 – Takhini Hall, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15 – Whitehorse at Yukon Inn, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16 – Champagne Community Hall, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 17– Elders Senate, Haines Junction, 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 17 – Haines Junction at Da Kų, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 19 – Haines, Alaska, at Aspen Suites Hotel, Main Street, 1-3 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 21 – Deadline for submission of written comments.
What is the purpose of the Act?
The purpose of the Enrollment Act is to make clear who is allowed to enroll under the CAFN Final Agreement. The Act will make sure every application for enrollment is treated in the same way and will create a system so the criteria for enrollment is applied equally to everyone who applies to enroll.
More information about the draft Äghàałān Enrollment Act:
- Letter from Dän nätthe ada Kaaxnox (Chief Steve Smith)
- Public Notice of Consultation
- Frequently Asked Questions about Enrollment
Where can Citizens get a copy of the draft Act?
An executive summary and the complete draft Act are available to CAFN Citizens with CAFN reception at our Haines Junction and Whitehorse offices OR can be emailed upon request to any of the CAFN staff members noted below. The executive summary and public consultation details have also been mailed to all CAFN households.
For more information or to submit your comments in writing, please contact:
Denise Beattie · email@example.com · (867) 456-6851
Angie Wabisca · firstname.lastname@example.org · (867) 456-6881
Amy McKinnon · email@example.com · (867) 634-4237