Dear Water User,
The Champagne and Aishihik First Nations Property Services Department has noticed a large increase in water usage which is stretching our staff and equipment to capacity.
In order to help us maintain this critical service we are requesting that you reduce your water usages as much as possible.
Water Saving Tips:
- Turn off faucets. Never let faucet water run needlessly as you wash dishes, wash your hands or face, brush your teeth or shave.
- Shorten your showers. Use a kitchen timer to time your showers. Aim for five minutes or less.
- Report any leaky sinks and running toilets – A running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water each day. You should only hear the toilet refilling for one minute after a flush. At one drip per second, a faucet can leak 3,000 gallons in a year.
- Use your judgment in the bathroom. Only flush when you feel it is necessary.
- Don’t pre-rinse your dishes. Many modern dishwashers do not require pre-rinsing of dishes – a good scrape should suffice. Only run your dishwasher if it is full.
- Laundry tips – Only run full loads, but don’t overstuff. Using cold water whenever possible helps save on energy costs.
Pick the right soil setting for the load. Choosing the heavy-duty setting can use more water and extend wash time. The normal setting works for most loads.
If we pull together, we can ensure that everyone is able to receive water without disruption.
Thank you for your support with this matter.
David Fairbank, Director, Property Services
Cell Phone: (250) 619-5921