CAFN is seeking one Citizen for nomination to the Yukon Salmon Sub-Committee (YSSC) Alsek River Basin.
CAFN Final Agreement section 184.108.40.206 provides for nomination to the YSSC Alsek River drainage basin.
Key elements and considerations for Committee members:
- The ability of individual to represent matters affecting salmon in the Alsek River drainage basin;
- Experience, technical and/or traditional ecological knowledge regarding Alsek River salmon;
- Effective communication skills and able to work in a team environment to successfully support the work of the YSSC;
- Diplomacy and good judgment (e.g., respect for the interests and views of other);
- The ability to attend scheduled meetings and actively contribute to the work of the YSSC; and
- Familiarity with both historical and current fisheries, as well as future fishery aspirations within the Alsek River drainage.
Term: five (5) years
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday March 15, 2019 by 4:30 p.m.
CAFN Boards and Committees applications are available at: cafn.ca/government/board-committee/
or at CAFN offices in Whitehorse and Haines Junction.
A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COMMITTEE
Please submit your application form and current resume in person/fax/email to:
304 Jarvis Street
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2H2
Fax (867) 667-6202
Thank you all for applying. Only the successful applicant will be notified.