What is the new picture of COVID-19?
With the rapid spread of the Omicron variant, the Yukon Territory and the world are monitoring COVID-19 in new ways.
Here are some things we are keeping an eye on to monitor COVID-19 activity and assess the need for safety precautions:
- Yukon Government data: https://yukon.ca/en/case-counts-covid-19
- New and active cases,
- testing positivity rate
- vaccination rates, and
- average number in hospital:
- Yukon hospital status (available beds): https://yukonhospitals.ca/covid-19-updates
- Number in intensive care: not available
- St. Elias Community School attendance/absences: http://sec.yukonschools.ca/
- School status (in-person or remote learning): https://yukon.ca/en/health-and-wellness/covid-19-information/school-operations-2021-22-school-year-covid-19
Rapid tests are available for CAFN Citizens and the Yukon public, but rapid test results are not recorded or tracked:
We look forward to sharing new information as it becomes available.